Share your story for a chance to become an AT&T Black Future Maker.
Inspiring. Visionary. Culture Shaper. These are the qualities of a Black Future Maker. Dedicated individuals pursuing greater possibilities for the greater good. If this sounds like you, then AT&T wants to celebrate your journey.
AT&T Dream in Black Contest
Presented by AT&T
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CAHNCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY. AS EXPLAINED BELOW, THE RULES REQUIRE THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS OR JURY TRIALS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The AT&T Dream in Black Contest (the “Contest”) begins on Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 12:00:01am ET and ends on Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period is separated into eleven (11) separate entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”), as described in Section 3. The Sponsor of this Contest is AT&T Mobility LLC (“Sponsor”). The Administrator of this Contest is Creative Zing Promotion Group (“Administrator”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrant is providing information to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Entrant must be a legal U.S. resident physically residing in the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico who is at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of primary residence (19 in Alabama and Nebraska, and 21 in Mississippi). Entrant must be a registered user of Instagram for entry (the “Social Media Platform”). Registration on the Social Media Platform is free as of publication of these Official Rules and can be obtained at www.instagram.com. Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the social media account used for entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the social media account was opened, as long as such person is otherwise eligible in accordance with these Official Rules.
Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Sponsor’s advertising agencies, fulfillment agencies and service providers directly associated with management and execution of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), together with the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such Contest Entities (collectively, “Household Members”), cannot serve as an Entrant. For purposes of the Contest, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest Period consists of eleven (11) separate Entry Periods, as detailed below. Submissions (as defined below) will carry-over between Entry Periods. Limit one (1) unique Submission per Entrant per Day. For purposes of the Contest, a “Day” is defined as a 24-hour period starting at 12:00:01 am ET and ending at 11:59:59 pm ET. Submissions must be received by the Submission Deadlines stated in the Entry Period Chart to be eligible for that Entry Period. All Submissions must remain available on Instagram through the Contest Period. If Submissions exceed the entry limitations of one (1) unique Submission per Day, only the first eligible Submission for each Day will be eligible for consideration.
As of 12:00:01 am ET
As of 11:59:59 pm ET
(on or about)
During the Contest Period, eligible Entrants must post either a video or photo to their Instagram grid or feed, in accordance with the requirements herein. The video or photo, collectively with the post content shall collectively be referred to as the “Submission”. By posting a Submission, Entrant represents and warrants that they are the rightful owner of the Submission and have all the necessary rights to use the Submission for the Contest.
Entrant must have a non-private Instagram account. The “Private Account” option in the Entrant’s Instagram account settings must be set to OFF and must remain OFF for the entire Contest Period for a Submission to be eligible. During the Contest Period, the Entrant must log into his or her Instagram account and create a public post featuring the Entrant’s Submission. The Submission must include the hashtags #DreamInBlack and #ATTcontest and tag @ATT to be valid. The #DreamInBlack and #ATTcontest hashtags must appear in the caption (not comments). Reels must be re-posted to the Entrant’s grid and include #DreamInBlack and #ATTcontest to be aggregated and considered as eligible Submissions. Posts to Instagram Stories are ineligible. If the Submission was previously posted to Instagram, it must be reposted during the Contest Period.
- Video: The video must be 30 to 60 seconds in duration and feature the Entrant describing how he or she is pursuing Greater Possibilities; or
- Photo: The photo must feature the Entrant and include a caption that describes how he or she is pursuing Greater Possibilities.
For the purpose of this Contest, ‘Greater Possibilities’ is defined as the pursuit of life-changing possibilities/goals and the Entrant’s tangible pursuit of their dreams.
The Submission must:
- Include both required hashtags #DreamInBlack and #ATTcontest.
- Tag @ATT
- Be in English.
- Be 30 to 60 seconds in duration if a video and otherwise comply with the technical specifications of Instagram.
- Be wholly original to Entrant; the Entrant must be the rightful owner and have the rights, title, and interest necessary to utilize the Submission for the Contest in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Honestly and accurately represent the Entrant’s pursuit of Greater Possibilities.
The Submission must NOT:
- Include personally identifiable information or any individuals other than the Entrant, unless such other individuals have provided the Entrant their express written permission to appear in the Submission, proof of which may be requested. If any minors appear in the Submission, the Entrant must have the express written permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- Include musical accompaniment in the video, unless the Entrant uses music in the public domain or produces and performs a wholly original musical accompaniment (proof of the original status of the musical accompaniment must be provided to the Contest Entities upon request).
- Show or promote unlawful activities or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous.
- Contain any content that is lewd; obscene; sexually explicit; pornographic; disparaging; defamatory; libelous; violent; or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
- Contain commercial content or prominently display brand names or logos, except those relating to Sponsor and otherwise used in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Contain any derogatory references to any Contest Entities or third party.
- Involve or include the services of any individual who is represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor's ability to display the Submission in any media form; 2) have an acting or modeling contract that would make their appearance in the Submission a violation of any third party rights; of 3) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this Contest, or from allowing Sponsor to use royalty-free, the Submission worldwide in all media in perpetuity.
NOTE ABOUT INSTAGRAM: Contest Entities are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of Instagram that may interfere with the Contest (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Instagram for the Contest as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of Entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Instagram, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Contest. Instagram is not a sponsor of nor affiliated with the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to edit (or request the Entrant edit) Submissions by suppressing music or removing logos (if applicable) to comply with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant’s Submission that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be a violation of the Official Rules or that is not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or which communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate. False or deceptive acts or Submissions, or Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void, will render an Entrant ineligible, and also may result in Entrant no longer being allowed to enter Sponsor's sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Sponsor's sole discretion. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants must provide all information requested. Incomplete, unreadable or unintelligible Submissions will be disqualified. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s understanding of full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally. Further, by submitting a Submission, you give Sponsor the rights to use the Submission for any other promotional purposes as set forth more completely below.
Important – Grant of Rights: Entrant’s Submission may appear on the Sponsor’s social media accounts including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok and Instagram, and in advertising for Sponsor on-air, off-air and on Sponsor’s website. If Entrant does not want their Submission to be used in the manner set forth herein, they should not enter the Contest. By entering the Contest, each Entrant grants Sponsor the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Submission and to incorporate the Submission in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide, now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor and that the Sponsor's reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Submission will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. If the Submission includes an identifiable person other than the Entrant, the Entrant represents and warrants that they have obtained the consent of such person to the use of the Submission as outlined herein and such person may be required to provide written consent to the Contest Entities’ use of the Submission. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
4. RANDOM SELECTION: Within approximately 24-hours of the end of each Entry Period, up to one hundred (100) Submissions will be selected at random to progress to the Contest Judging, as further described in Section 5. The one hundred randomly drawn Entrants will NOT receive notice of their status. Sponsor reserves the right to proceed to the Contest Judging with fewer than one hundred (100) Submissions should there be fewer than one hundred (100) eligible Submissions received. Odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible Submissions received.
5. CONTEST JUDGING: Immediately following Random Selection, selected Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by representatives of the Contest Entities (the “Judges”). Eligible Submissions will be judged in accordance with the following weighted criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Commitment to the pursuit of Greater Possibilities: 50%
- Potential to Inspire: 25%
- Overall Submission Quality: 25%
The Submission with the highest total score among all Judging Criteria for each Entry Period will be deemed the potential winning Submission, and subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winning Submission will be declared the official “Winning Submission”. In the event of a tie, the tied Submissions will be re-evaluated by the Contest Entities in accordance with the aforementioned criteria, and the Submission with the highest rating on “Commitment to the pursuit of Greater Possibilities” will be deemed the potential Winning Submission. Judges’ decisions are final and binding. Final Judges’ scores will not be revealed or publicly announced. Sponsor reserves the right to adjust or extend the Contest Period if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
6. WINNING SUBMISSION NOTIFICATION: On or about each notification date reflected in the Entry Chart, the Entrant associated with the potential Winning Submission as determined by the judging results (each a “Potential Winner”) will be contacted on Instagram either via direct message or a public-facing comment. The Potential Winner will be required to respond (as directed by the Administrator and/or Sponsor) to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of first attempted notification. The Potential Winner will be required to complete, sign and return any documentation which may be required by Sponsor, including, but not limited to, an Affidavit of Eligibility, release of liability, publicity release form (the “Contest Documents”). If the Potential Winner fails to sign and return the required documents or provide any other requested information within the required time period, the Potential Winner may forfeit the prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected based on the judging results. The Potential Winner will be required to provide his or her Social Security number and consent to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal, arrest or conviction records, a history restraining orders or stalking, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any Potential Winner will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, risk, contempt, scandal, or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor. If requested, the Potential Winner agrees to sign forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Pending the results of the background check, the Contest Entities, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to confirm the Potential Winner as the Grand Prize Winner (a “Winner”) as described in Section 7 or to disqualify the Potential Winner and select an alternate Potential Winner based on the judging results, in their sole discretion. In addition to the background check, each Winner’s social security number will be used for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form-1099 will be issued to each Winner in February 2023 or February 2024 (depending on then the prize is fulfilled) for the actual value of the prize received. The Contest Entities will attempt to contact up to three (3) Potential Winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed.
7. GRAND PRIZE (11 total): There is one (1) Grand Prize package available per Entry Period. Each Grand Prize Winner will receive the following:
- $10,000.00 USD cash prize (awarded in the form of a check);
- One AT&T 5G-Enabled Device with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) up to $1,250.00;
- One Dream in Black Capsule Collection. ARV: $250.00; and
- Inclusion on the AT&T Dream in Black website as a 2022 Black Future Maker.
ARV of each Grand Prize: $11,500.00.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Recognition as a 2022 Black Future Maker has no associated retail value. Exact opportunities related to the 2022 Black Future Maker portion of the prize will be provided directly to the Winner by the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s designees. No substitutions or transfers of a prize, except at Sponsor’s discretion. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion. Limit one (1) prize per Household.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize, Entrants and Winners agree that Sponsor, Administrator, Juno Marketing, LLC, Instagram, Meta, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, units and divisions; and their advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies’ and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Entities") shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third-party claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, arising from or relating to this Contest, including entry and participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting any prize award, Entrants and Winners agree to fully indemnify each Released Entity from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. Entrants and Winners authorize the Sponsor and its agents to use their name, voice, performance, image, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Entities shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or Submissions, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative, technological, human or other errors or problems, including any error or problems which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Submissions, or in any materials associated with the Contest. Released Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any phone or other electronic device resulting from participating in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention, or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel, suspend, or terminate the Contest in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. COVID, SARS, etc.), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. If the Contest or a particular portion thereof is canceled or terminated before the Contest Period end date for any reason, Sponsor may (if possible) select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination using the winner determination process set forth above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Inclusion in such process shall be each Entrant’s and Winner’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrants/Winners agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, and not as a participant in any class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant/Winner; (2) the AAA shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrants/Winners be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants/Winners hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than each Entrant’s and Winner’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs directly attributable to participating in this Contest), and Entrants/Winners further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. GOVERNING LAW: All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants/Winners and Released Entities in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Texas law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws.
12. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by AT&T Services, Inc. 1025 Lenox Park Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA, 30319.
13. ADMINISTRATOR: This Contest is administered by Creative Zing Promotion Group, 2100 E Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32803.
14. FOR WINNERS LIST and OFFICIAL RULES: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winners (first name and state) must be made by April 30, 2022. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rule(s) send a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: Creative Zing – Dream in Black Winners, 2100 E Robinson Street, Orlando, FL 32803.