AT&T 2022 ESSENCE Festival of Culture™ Presented by Coca-Cola® Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY. AS EXPLAINED BELOW, THE RULES REQUIRE THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS OR JURY TRIALS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- DESCRIPTION: The AT&T 2022 ESSENCE Festival of Culture™ Presented by Coca-Cola® Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin on Monday, May 16, 2022, at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on Sunday, June 12, 2022, at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is AT&T Mobility, LLC (“Sponsor”). The Administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group (“Administrator”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C. who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry (each an “Entrant” and collectively, “Entrants”). Employees, officers, directors, owners, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Administrator, Sponsor’s advertising agencies, fulfillment agencies and service providers directly associated with management and execution of the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), together with the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such Sweepstakes Entities (collectively, “Household Members”), cannot serve as an Entrant. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence (whether related or not) at least three months a year; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Sweepstakes is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting www.attdreaminblack.com/EFOC (the "Website"). On the Website, the Entrant must provide all of the information requested, including but not limited to Entrant’s full name, email address, and daytime phone number, then click the “Enter” button to receive one (1) entry (each an “Entry” and collectively the “Entries”) into the Sweepstakes. If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Mobile entry is not required to submit an entry or win a prize in this Sweepstakes.
Limit of one (1) Entry per person, per household, per day for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. A “day” is defined as the twenty-four (24) hours between 12:00:00 a.m. ET and 11:59:59 p.m. E.T of the same day with the exception of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Entries must be received by Sunday, June 12, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET. If any Entrant exceeds the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries generated by fraudulent means will be disqualified. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible Entries will be disqualified. Each entry must be manually keystroked or entered by the individual entrant. Multiple entrants may not share the same email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and/or an eligible entrant. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, if it is discovered that an entrant used multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods, or manipulated such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of allowed entries per day, such entrant will be disqualified, and any prize won shall be forfeited. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of and to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision of the Official Rules generally. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion and will post changes on the Website.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about Monday, June 13, 2022, one (1) potential “Winner” will be selected via a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entries received. The potential Winner will be notified at the email address provided on the registration form. The potential Winner is responsible for checking his/her spam filter. The potential Winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of the prize. Potential Winner will be required to verify address, sign, and return within two (2) days of initial notification an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents"). The potential Winner must provide the Administrator with his or her social security number for tax reporting purposes before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued the Winner for the actual value of the prize received for the year in which the prize was fulfilled. Any valuation of the prize stated herein is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prize will be taxable to winner as income. You must contact your tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
If (i) any prize, prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable or is unanswered in accordance with these Official Rules, (ii) any required documents are not returned within the required time period stated above, or (iii) a potential winner cannot be verified or is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated within the specified time period the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Sweepstakes Entities will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential Winners in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet or wireless service or a change in winner’s email address, mailing address or phone number which may result in a potential winner not receiving a prize notification or their prize. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any undelivered emails, including without limitation, emails that are not received because of a winner’s spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes email, including any winner notification email, to a spam or junk folder. Upon forfeiture for any reason, no compensation shall be given. Winner shall be solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize.
Additionally, the potential Winner and “Guest” (defined below) may be required to provide his/her Social Security Number for the purpose of submitting to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal or other arrest or conviction record and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential Winner or Guest will not, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. If requested, the potential Winner and Guest agree to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Pending the results of such background check, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential Winner or substitute certain Prize elements, in its sole discretion.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) prize available in the Sweepstakes, consisting of a 5-day / 4-night trip (“Trip”) for the Winner and one (1) travel companion (“Guest”) to attend the 2022 ESSENCE Festival of Culture™ Presented by Coca-Cola® in New Orleans, Louisiana (the “Event”). Travel is anticipated to take place from June 30 – July 3, 2022, as determined by Sponsor. The Trip will consist of the following: (a.) round-trip coach class air transportation for the Winner and Guest from a major airport near the Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor) to New Orleans, LA (In the event a Winner lives within one hundred fifty (150) miles of New Orleans, LA, air travel will not be included in the Trip and the Winner will be compensated a total of five hundred dollars ($500) in lieu of air travel, for any alternate travel expenses); (b.) hotel accommodations for four (4) nights at a New Orleans-area hotel chosen by Sponsor (one (1) standard room, double occupancy, room and tax only); (c.) round trip ground transfer between the airport and hotel in New Orleans for the Winner and Guest; (d.) two (2) three-night tickets to attend selected Event concerts; (e.) a Meet & Greet with the 5G Squad for the Winner and Guest; VIP access for the Winner and Guest to the ESSENCE Festival of Culture™ Presented by Coca-Cola® AT&T booth; (f.) $600 spending money for the Winner ONLY, awarded in the form of a general use gift card (gift cards are subject to separate terms, conditions and restrictions as detailed on the back of the gift card), for Winner to use for meals and/or other expenses in his/her sole discretion; and (g) two (2) Dream in Black swag boxes. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the prize: six thousand twenty-five dollars ($6,025).
The Winner’s Guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Guest will be required to sign and return a travel companion eligibility/liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity and media release. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor and Administrator.
Winner is solely responsible for any and all unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance and use of the prize and any costs of travel exceeding the allowance provided herein shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the Winner shall be solely responsible for all costs, expenses, and incidentals associated with prize acceptance and use, including, but not limited to, upgrades, ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Event tickets are subject to the standard terms, conditions, and health and safety policies applicable to the Event. Each Winner and his/her Guest agree to comply with all applicable Event regulations. Sponsor will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, local, state or federal regulation, order or policy, work stoppage, epidemic, pandemic, or any other issue concerning public health or safety, or any other event outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Event. Event tickets awarded as a prize may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification of the Winner and forfeiture of the prize. Winner agrees to comply with all venue regulations in connection with the prize.
TRAVEL IS ANTICIPATED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN JUNE 30 – JULY 3, 2022. WINNER MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL ON THESE DATES TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE PRIZE. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Winner is unable to participate in the Trip during the dates chosen by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, time permitting, an alternate Winner will be selected. If Event, or any portion thereof, does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons included but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, or for any other reason, then assuming the Winner is willing and able to travel on the dates chosen by Sponsor, the Winner will receive the remaining components of the prize which shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize oligation to the Winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to provide a projected tax gross-up allowance to help offset income tax liability. If applicable, a projected tax gross-up allowance will be awarded in the form of a check in an amount determined by Sponsor prior to December 31, 2022. If income taxes exceed such amount, the additional expenses shall be the responsibility of the Winner, as applicable.
Winner and his/her Guest must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Winner and Guest agree to undertake the Trip at their own risk. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent. Airline for Trip will be selected by Sponsor in their sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare may be charged to the Winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the Trip. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Sweepstakes Entities will not obtain travel insurance on behalf of the Winner or Guest. Travel is subject to flight availability and other travel restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended, or rescheduled events (including, but not limited to airline flights and Festival) or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations beyond its reasonable control. Selection of airline flights and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNER. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins. If the actual value of any prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the Winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. The round-trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. Other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the Winner/Guest. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the Winner, may be required at the time of check-in at the hotel. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person, except at discretion of Sponsor. If the prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value will be awarded. If prize is awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. The prize, and all portions of the prize, are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, without limitation. No prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any prize depictions are for illustrative purposes only. Winner agrees that acceptance of the prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility.
Trip Conduct: Winner and Guest shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. The Winner and Guest shall not, while representing the Sweepstakes Entities during the Trip and/or the Events, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The Winner and Guest shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Sweepstakes Entities in society or bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule, or that will tend to shock, insult or offend, or if the Winner or Guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities or Event operators in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to expel the Winner and Guest from the Event, terminate the Trip early and send the Winner and Guest home with no further obligation related to the prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, Entrants and Winners agree that Sponsor, Administrator, The 360 Agency, Essence Communications, Inc., and their respective owners, parents, subsidiaries, distributors, and affiliated companies, units and divisions; and their advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies’ and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Entities") shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third-party claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes, including entry and participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, Entrants and Winner agree to fully indemnify each Released Entity from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. Winner authorizes the Sponsor and its agents to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Entities shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Entries or communications, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or participation in a prize; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative, technological, human or other errors or problems, including any error or problems which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, or in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Released Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer, phone, or other electronic device resulting from participating in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention, or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. COVID, SARS, etc.), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. If the Sweepstakes or a particular portion thereof is canceled or terminated before the Sweepstakes Period end date for any reason, Sponsor may (if possible) select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination using the winner determination process set forth above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Inclusion in such process shall be each Entrant’s and Winner’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Each winner agrees that acceptance of the prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. Winner understands and agrees that attending an event in connection with a prize may have inherent risk due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Each winner assumes any and all risks of illness, injury or loss due to such attendance. Winner and guest will be required to follow any city and/or venue restrictions related to COVID-19, including but not limited to, wearing a mask and social distancing requirements.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants/Winners agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, and not as a participant in any class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant/Winner; (2) the AAA shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrants/Winners be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants/Winners hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than each Entrant’s and Winner’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs directly attributable to participating in this Sweepstakes), and Entrants/Winners further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
10. GOVERNING LAW: All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants/Winners and Released Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Texas law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws.
11. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by AT&T Mobility, LLC, 5565 Glenridge Connector, Atlanta, GA 30342.
12. ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is administered by Creative Zing Promotion Group, 2100 E. Robinson, Orlando, FL 32803.
13. FOR WINNERS LIST and OFFICIAL RULES: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winners (first name and state) must be made by August 1, 2022. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rule(s) send a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: Creative Zing – AT&T 2022 ESSENCE Festival of Culture™ Presented by Coca-Cola® Sweepstakes, 2100 E. Robinson, Orlando, FL 32803.